Saturday, June 2, 2007

Episode 2

Title: Step 2: How To Choose A Plan

Length: 00:14:40

Summary: Following a weight loss plan is important so that you have some help and direction. But which plan to choose? In this episode, I go over what to look for and what to avoid. Included: a hint about which plan actually works.

To listen: Click on the title for Episode 2 in the player over to the right, or listen in iTunes.

Over the past week, I have been amazed at the response the first episode has gotten. There have been listeners from all over the country, and even all over the world. I am so pleased that people already seem to be getting something out of this podcast. Weight loss can be a very difficult process, so it's awesome for me to be able to do something creative and positive with it, and to help others at the same time.

In this second episode, I hope to demystify how to go about choosing a weight loss plan to follow. Since obesity has become such a widespread problem, it seems like there is a new weight loss program every day. I give a lot of information on what a plan should and should not include, and let listeners know which one actually works.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for another wonderful podcast. Are you a journalist by trade? This is fantastic. So well thought out and presented in a straighforworward manner. Well Done.

I like the fact that I choose Weight Watchers on intuition, not research and it turns out that my intuition is correct. Whoo hoo.

Did you say sub 'see' quently. I've always pronounced that word sub 'seh' quently. Have I been saying it wrong all of this time?

Looking forward to episode 3.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

Nope, I am not a journalist. My official work title is "webmaster", which is a very catch-all term, meaning that I run a website.

I'm really glad that people are saying this sounds well done. I'm writing out these episodes in advance. I'm a very organized person, and I actually always enjoyed writing essays, so I think that works well for these podcasts.

I don't even remember saying "subsequently" but yes, I do believe that is the correct pronunciation, since it's related to the word "sequence". :)

V.E. said...

Bonnie,

I just found your podcast on iTunes and have just finished the second episode. I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for your sound advice about losing weight in a healthy way. I've tried a LOT of things, and I know that most don't work. I will be checking out Weight Watchers more seriously now, though, at your recommendation.

Thanks again,
Viannah

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Viannah. Weight Watchers isn't perfect, but I think it's the best program available. It was a really great stepping stone for me to get into much healthier eating.